Industrial Business Development Manager (QLD)
What you are looking for:
- Good potential for personal growth and development
- To be part of a dynamic all-inclusive team
- To embrace an autonomous role and feel very connected to head office (VIC) and the rest of the team throughout Australia
- To be given the right tools to make you achieve your full potential
- To be provided with back-office support, including the latest marketing that drives through inquiries and supports the premium brand
- To have direct access to everyone in the organisation, with zero office politics
- To be rewarded with generous and achievable bonuses where the goal posts don’t mysteriously change
- To utilise my industrial back ground and b2b solution selling skill-set
- To be consistently busy
- To be stepping into an existing role, where the positive perception of the brand is 100% echoed by all customers &
- To be a valued member of a financially secure company (with 100+ employees) who, after 25yrs continues to go from strength to strength.
If we have ticked the majority of these off for you, please read on …
Who Are We?
We are a successful Australian owned company, with manufacturing plants in Victoria. We are the industry leader in every market we operate in and are proudly out-performing most local manufacturing companies.
We largely distribute our finished goods throughout Australia and New Zealand, and have been known to ship abroad.
We are regarded as a premium brand, with customers that read as the who’s who within the mining, industrial, water treatment, engineering, chemical and food & beverage sectors.
Our products safely store and dose over 1900 different chemicals. Please check out our product range on line @ polymaster.com.au/catalogue/industrial/ before applying.
Our Engineered Solutions Division is expanding and continues to innovate – bringing new products to market each year, giving us the jump on competition. This enables us to expand our workforce and offering.
We have a ‘can do’ attitude!
The Role on Offer
Due to our growth, we are now able to appoint an experienced salesperson who can successfully manage the QLD market (previous sales experience into the mining sector will be viewed favourably).
We are seeking a self-starter who is a driven and motivated sales professional with a proven track record in solution selling. Although we have a range of ‘off-the-shelf’ products, we do need to consult with our engineering customers on custom solutions.
Requirements include ‘deep diving’ into existing customers to identify greater opportunities by expanding the network of engineers, specifiers, factory and operation managers. Also, the successful person will seek new business in the sectors we have an outstanding reputation in and managing a steady flow of web-based inquiries.
You will be interacting with engineers on a regular basis, and although you may not be an engineer yourself, you will know how to work with them.
Who you are?
- You have 5+ years b2b sales experience across mainly the industrial, engineering, mining, chemical, civil or waste water sectors
- You enjoy and are used to travel
- You have realistic expectations of your own capabilities and want to grow with a company that is willing to work with you
- You want to make the QLD market your own
- You understand manufacturing and ‘engineered solutions’
- You are a quick learner and have a thirst for sales
- You thrive on meeting customers face-to-face
- You appreciate being financially rewarded for your efforts
If you are the right person your success will be rewarded. Your base salary will range from $100k – $120k (subject to experience) plus super + bonuses. We offer a REAL bonus plan, without moving the goal posts. A fully maintained company vehicle and tools of the trade (phone + laptop) are provided.
Full training will be provided including a comprehensive on-boarding program at our manufacturing plant in Victoria before we hand over the keys.