Attention Mitiamo Pipeline Customers – Rebates offered on water tanks
The Federal Government, Victorian Government and Goulburn-Murray Water will provide landowners with a rebate of up to $1,500 (ex GST) with the purchase of water tanks required to connect to the new pipeline.
What is the Mitiamo Pipeline Tank Rebate Scheme?
Mitiamo Pipeline Tank Rebate Scheme has been designed to assist landowners who
- Purchase Rainwater Tank’s before the 30th of April.
- Are prepared to connect to the new pipeline ahead of Spring 2021 irrigation season.
If this is you, you are entitled to a rebate of $1,500 (ex GST) per tapping point.
The Mitiamo Pipeline comprises of a 360-kilometre pipeline, a pump station and an 85-megalitre winter supply storage dam at the top of the system.
Funded by the Federal Government, Victorian Government and Goulburn-Murray Water, the Mitiamo Pipeline project comprises of a 360-kilometre pipeline, a pump station and an 85-megalitre winter supply storage dam at the top of the system.
Victorian Minister for Water, Lisa Neville, announced it would help deliver a pressurised water supply to 170 farming families, spanning 75,000 hectares north of Bendigo and south-west of Echuca. Federal Member for Nicollas, Damian Drum, said: “It will support agricultural benefits for farmers through improved stocking rate and livestock productivity.”
How much funding is available within this rebate?
A $1,500 (ex GST) rebate is available for each Rainwater Tank purchased that is hooked up to a tapping point. The rebate does not include delivery or installation fees and is limited to the rainwater tank’s cost only.
Each landowner will need to arrange their purchase, delivery, and installation of their Rainwater Tank(s) within the allocated timeframe.
There is no preferred tank supplier/manufacturer for eligibility in this Tank Rebate Scheme to claim the rebate.
How to choose the Right Tank for You?
Your rainwater storage tank should be manufactured to the highest quality, hold product certification from an independent testing authority, and are certified to the following standards:
- AS/NZS 4766:2006
- AS/NZS 4020:2002 Australian Standard for drinking water
- AS 2070 Part 1 and Part 8 Australian Standard for food contact
If you are unsure and need assistance in deciding which water tank is right for you, you should try our easy to use Build Your Tank innovative and intuitive 3D modelling software available on our website. We make it easy to choose the right tank to suit your needs.
All our rainwater storage tanks are manufactured to the highest quality, hold product certification from an independent testing authority, and are certified to the standards above view our range here.
What is the eligibility requirement for the Rebate Tank Scheme?
- You must be a landowner connecting to the new Mitiamo Pipeline ahead of the spring 2021 Irrigation Season.
- Landowners with more than one tapping point connected to the Mitiamo Pipeline can claim a rebate for each tapping point that a Rainwater tank has been installed.
- Grant payments will be made upon receipt of a completed claim form and proof of purchase (receipt) by 30 April 2021.
- Grants paid will have an acquittal condition requiring proof of installation (photograph is acceptable) to be provided by 30 June 2021. Failure to do so may require the grant payment to be returned to Goulburn-Murray Water.
When do applications close?
- Proof of purchase must be in by 30 April 2021 via receipt.
- Proof that the tank has been installed must be in by 31 June 2021 via photograph.
How do I apply for the tank rebate scheme?
- Read the full terms and conditions available here to ensure you are eligible for the Mitiamo Pipeline Tank Rebate Scheme.
- Fill in the Tank Rebate Claim Form available here. This form must be returned by the 30th of April to be able to claim the rebate.
- You must fill in A Statement by a Supplier Form (attached to the document). Only if you do not have an ABN. If you do not have an ABN and do not complete the form, Goulburn-Murray Water is required to withhold 47% of the payment for the ATO.
- Rebates can be expected to be paid by Goulburn-Murray Water within 28 days, preferably via EFT.
If you would like assistance in purchasing your water tank or locating a local distributor, call Polymaster on 1800 062 064.